Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Massachusetts....

 
Ylvis is at it again!

I was in dismay when I realized that Ylvis' first hit "The Fox" didn't reach as many people as I thought it had, or should, so I figured I would personally bring you their latest. Granted, it's not as genius as "what does the fox say?!", but you'll still find yourself singing parts of it. They also have this gem, just in case you really have nothing to do right now.

Speaking of music, I discovered an artist over the summer that I absolutely love and I've been sharing this information with random people over the past few months. One of the things that I love about them is that they are a husband and wife, writing their own lyrics and music, and just generally having fun. It doesn't hurt that she has an awesome voice. It's fun, feel-good type music and I just can't seem to get enough of it. Their name? Brandon and Leah. Fun fact - I dislike the whole Kardashian thing, a lot. As far as I can tell, they are a family of attention whores. That being said, I would be lying if I said that I haven't watched the occasional episode. How is this relevant to Brandon and Leah? Well, for those of you not well versed in the Kardashian family tree, Bruce Jenner has a few sons who aren't typically talked about on the show - Brandon and Brody Jenner are two of those sons. Is your mind blown? Mine was. Anyway, that is the Brandon of Brandon and Leah. The reason I even found out about these guys is because of one of those random times when I decided nothing better was on and watched the show. Brandon and Leah were on the show that time and I got curious, so I Googled them in typical stalker fashion and then discovered that they write music. Bam! The rest is history.

 
 
If you liked this song, then look them up. They have 5 or 6 more songs on iTunes and they're all pretty fantastic.
 
 
 
Now, I'm really trying to not be ridiculous with this whole fantasy football thing, but I just can't help it! Quick update: I had fallen to 4th place due to a loss in week 7, but as of last night, I'm back to 2nd! However, week 9 means that my top 3 are all on bye week...it also means that I'm matched up with Mark, who will take great pleasure in my loss, so I have to win. We're going to Boston this weekend to celebrate Halloween with Daniel and Cristin, meaning that on Sunday, Mark and I will be stuck in a car together for 6 hours...while I'm checking the games and our scores. This should be interesting!
 
Also, I'm proud to say that I have not eaten at Chipotle once in the past 8 days. I am not proud to say that it has been a lot harder than it probably should be - it feels like it has been forever. You know what I'll be doing November 1st...

No comments:

Post a Comment