Thursday, November 14, 2013

This is the life.


For those who haven't heard of this movie, watch the trailer here. Then do yourself a favor and go see it. We saw it this past weekend and it was simply amazing. It has the perfect combination of humor, drama, and romance and I'm pretty positive that mostly anyone will be able to appreciate this movie. I think this overall review from Rotten Tomatoes does a great job of portraying it...
"Beautifully filmed and unabashedly sincere, About Time finds director Richard Curtis at his most sentimental."

 It really is just so genuine and sincere - new favorite movie!


On an entirely different note, we tried a new place for dinner on Tuesday night, which was amazing. It's called Jasmine's Asian Fusion and it's on Ridge Road in Webster. Anyone who lives or has lived in this area knows that Webster is strange. It's completely out of the way and parts of it are weird and trashy, while others are super rich and gorgeous. The only reason we even know this restaurant even exists is because Mark works in Webster and has driven past it a few times.

 
 
A new thing that I've noticed I'm doing lately is ordering drinks almost every time we go out for dinner. I never used to do that and now, for some reason, I don't think twice about it. Con - Among several cons, our dinner bills are much higher, which sucks. Pro - I'm discovering a lot of really awesome drinks with flavor combinations that I would have never thought of.

Anyway, Tuesday night was no different and I got a Lychee-tini. I don't remember everything that was in it, other than lychee and they don't have cocktails listed on their website, so fail. You'll just have to take my word that it was good - not amazing, but good.
Dinner, on the other hand, was quite amazing. I ordered the Thai Style Coconut Red Curry with Chicken and pretty much died and went to gastronomic heaven.
As an aside, (I mentioned this in the first post I did) I've never been one of those people who loves to take pictures of their food and that probably shows in the pictures I have taken for this blog. I also forget that I should take a picture until after we've already started eating, so yeah...sorry about that. Anyway, the quality of the picture not withstanding, this dish was awesome for dinner and even better re-heated for lunch the following day.

Mark got the Stir Fried Spaghetti with Chili Paste Sauce and Chicken, which was equally as delicious as mine.
Again, he had already started eating before I remembered to take a picture, which resulted in this slightly gross looking picture. It really was delicious though, I promise!


As for fantasy football, I refuse to give an update unless I'm doing well, which I'm not. Weeks 9 and 10 were a bust for me. Let's hope I'm able to gain some ground on Week 11! The Mr. McGibblets will make it to the playoffs!



No comments:

Post a Comment