Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Winter is here.


The perks of working at a golf course? Awesome views, no matter the season. The downside of working at a golf course? I am currently the only person on the entire property, unless you count the Grounds crew, which I don't because I never see them. So, while I'm waiting for my new desk to arrive (which probably won't be today, unfortunately) and for the server to come back up (meaning I literally have nothing I can do until it does), I suppose I'll write a quick Thanksgiving post.

I was listening to the radio on my way to work this morning, as I do every morning (I love Elvis Duran!) and they went through their entire staff, with each person saying what they are thankful for. I think a lot of people forget to do this on Thanksgiving - I know I certainly do. Instead, Thanksgiving has become about eating way too much and shopping. So, here is what I am thankful for this year:

1. My family (generic and overplayed, I know) - I have one of the craziest and most disjointed families ever, but every one of them is perfect and I honestly wouldn't want it any other way. I have the world's brattiest and most beautiful sisters and 2 little brothers that are too cute for words and will become serious heartbreakers one day. I have a bevvy of parents and grandparents, and too many aunts, uncles, and cousins to count. I'm thankful for all of them and I can genuinely say that my life is better because of them. I've recently been able to reconnect with some family from years passed that I haven't talked to in a very long time and it feels so good, so here's hoping for a rekindled relationship!

2. My friends (obviously!) - I also have the best friends a girl can have. Even though they're all over and visiting them means driving 4-6 hours, it's worth it every time. These people are my family as well and I truly would do anything for them. Do you realize how crazy that is? To have so many good people in your life that you would do absolutely anything for because you love them that much?! That is absolutely something to be thankful for.

3. Mark - my fiancé. He is one of the best things that has ever happened to me and he is absolutely perfect for me, in every possible way. My life would not be the same without him and I never want to find out what that would be like...ever.

4. My life, in general. I truly believe that no matter how horrible you think your life might be and no matter how many crappy hands you've been dealt, there is always a silver lining and there is always something that you can be thankful for. I am thankful for my life every day. I have a roof over my head and a fridge full of food that I can cook. I'm surrounded by people whom I love and who love me and I get to sleep in a warm bed every night...so yes, I consider myself to be supremely lucky and I am incredibly thankful to be able to have these things.

Take a minute this year to remember the good things in your life and give thanks for them.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment