Tuesday, February 25, 2014

It's a good day.

Have you ever had one of those weeks where nothing seems to go right? Of course you have - everyone has. The weeks leaves you drained and feeling unable to do anything...everything seems unsurmountable. Looking back, how dramatic! Well that was my week last week. And my day yesterday (although I may just blame that on bad Monday juju).

That being said, I hate it when people complain about their days. Some of these complaints are just ridiculous. I think people seriously just need to step back and put their problems in perspective. It really is 100% about attitude. I don't want this to come off as preachy. Preachy sucks. I'm a firm believer in the whole "life is what you make of it" thing. Seeing the glass half-full isn't always easy and sometimes, yes, it seems completely impossible. Sometimes, bad things happen and there's no way to have a positive attitude about it. That being said, I also believe that everything happens for a reason.

Disclaimer: I haven't had a bad life at all. Things haven't always been great and there are a lot of things that I wish could be different, but for the most part, I don't feel like I have much to complain about. I know that some people have gone through some seriously tragic experiences and I don't want to undermine the seriousness of those situations with my whole "be happy, look at the glass half-full" attitude. I just really feel like having that kind of perspective goes a long way.

"You can have it all. You just can't have it all at one time." - Oprah said that. The only reason I know this is because my 2014 planner has quotes for every week and that was last week's quote. I'm sorry Oprah, but I'm calling BS on that. I believe that as long as you're willing to work for it, you can have anything and everything you want, when you want it. I'm not saying it's easy (depending on what you want) and it takes a lot of hard work...but you can have whatever you want. Just go get it.

Okay, I think I'm done with my whole inspirational "you can do it!" spiel...I just felt like I had to get that out there.

Anyone who was watching the Superbowl saw the commercial - #JackisBack. This probably doesn't mean anything to a lot of people, but those who are lucky enough to have watched "24" are seriously pumped...including me. Mark had never seen it so we binge-watched the first season this weekend. Even though it's still as awesome as I remember it, it's crazy to think that the first season aired 13 years ago (and they have the cell phones and Palm Pilots to prove it!). Granted, Mark called all of the big moments, which was irritating...but it's still amazing and we're on to season 2. Love it! "House of Cards" is next on our list...a very long list.

Have a happy Tuesday, because why not?!

1 comment:

  1. It's really refreshing to observe this positivity from a young person's viewpoint! This perspective takes daily practice to become a second skin. To assist you, there are plenty of Negative Neds available to help you perfect your practice daily. Sometimes it feels like a work out! I think this characteristic is in your genetic makeup. I know it's in mine :)
    I think what Oprah means by not having it all at one time is that to enjoy and appreciate what you have, you need "space" between each dream you catch. Some of those "dreams" evolve with age and maturity.
    I remember binge watching 24 with Billy and Garrett. No one is allowed to predict the big moments when I'm engrossed in a story. We are now into Season 2 of House of Cards and it is highly addictive for a good reason - it's amazing! I can't wait to chat with you about it when you start watching HOC! People keep telling us we need to watch Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad. I say there's only so much time to watch tv. That's true for me, at least.

    ReplyDelete