Thursday, January 30, 2014

Love. Inspire. Motivate.

Shame on me for abandoning this blog. A very good friend of mine recently showed me this video. It hit a little close to home in terms of having too many ideas and not doing enough to make any of them become realities. People say this all of the time, but life is short. What am I waiting for? I am the queen of impatience...the queen of "I want it and I have to have it NOW"...so I'm finally applying that mentality to these dreams of mine.

Now for a little shameless self-promotion. I recently discovered Origami Owl. For anyone who doesn't know what this is, check it out! For everyone else, you already know that this jewelry is amazing and addicting. You can't just have one charm, or one locket, or one plate! At least I can't...
I like to believe in the concept of fate and I think it played a part in me beginning this whole Origami Owl thing. Mark and I went to Virginia to visit family for Christmas and I took the opportunity to visit an old friend while I was there. I couldn't help but notice her necklace, which was unlike anything I had ever seen before and I instantly loved it. She mentioned that it had been given to her as a gift, but she didn't seem quite sure of what it was or how to get it. Fast forward a few weeks - I'm at work and receive a delivery from the FedEx guy. On his way out of the office, he just stops and stares at me and finally says "I have something for you". He comes back in with an Origami Owl catalog (or take-out menu) and tells me that his wife just started selling it - so I start flipping through it and realize that this is the locket that my friend has. I immediately found something for every woman in my life and so I figured that maybe I should get involved. Anyway, that's the story behind it and if you don't know about the company, they're big on stories. I don't know if you know me, but I am too. Soooo....go check it out and buy from me! =)

 Anyway, back to my self-shaming for the abandonment of this blog. After having the video brought to my attention, this same friend told me her plan of action for making her dream a reality and it included increasing her social media presence, which I have decided is necessary for me as well. Not just for Origami Owl, but also for my photography business which I've been working on for a little bit. Hence, back to the blog and maybe Twitter, although before yesterday, I hadn't tweeted once. Honestly, I find the whole thing a little absurd, but maybe that's just because I haven't really used it. You should totally follow me though - @stephanie0416.

In the interest of promoting a friend and fellow go-getter, check out this blog too.
www.cristinskjegstad.wordpress.com and follow her on Twitter at @CrisSkjeg.

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, you're awesome. Love you and love that you're selling Origami Owl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takes one to know one - you're just as awesome!!! =)

      Delete